The blue-chip organisation wanted to transform itself, taking the step from being a multinational conglomerate to a global corporation with a single culture – one with a unified approach to management.
The company wanted to:
- establish an externally benchmarked baseline for management best practice.
- create an executive leadership talent pipeline for its operating units.
- enhance management capability and confidence.
- use standard management behaviours across the business.
- support management development to an internationally recognised standard.
- allow managers to continue their own development and develop those they manage.
- enable managers to communicate better, and build stronger relationships, with their teams.
- encourage a culture of continual improvement.
Skills Shift was engaged by the organisation's managed services provider, to design and deliver two blended learning programmes in the United Kingdom, USA, Australia and western Europe, to around a thousand managers. Incorporating classroom workshops, live online sessions, eLearning modules and self-study, the first programme leads to ILM (Institute of Leadership and Management) Level 3 Award in Leadership and Management; the second programme leads to ILM Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management.
The programmes are currently being delivered, to a consistent high standard, by locally based learning consultants – which ensures that the programmes are in tune with not only the culture of the organisation, but also the culture of the country. Skills Shift works with an ILM-accredited centre to handle the administration of the qualifications and the delivery of assignment-writing tutorials. The managed services provider maintains the organisation's LMS, eLearning content and delegate communications.
Skills Shift worked closely with the organisation to design the training programme around its specific strategic and operational needs, and is responsible for delivering the training to multiple teams worldwide, which - working with two delivery partners and international consultants - includes some complex logistical challenges, requiring expert project management.